Tuesday, July 20, 2010

O'shan Sushi




Address: 5809 24th Ave NW

As a frequent sushi eater, I was more than excited to eat here! Unfortunately...even with all my persuasive arguments...I still could not get J to even have a bite of my delicious sushi.

We started off with the Pork gyozas ($5.00) which were about average...I actually have made my own gyozas before, and these gyozas needed a little bit more flavor, but I guess that's why they provide you with sesame soy sauce for dipping. I ordered the Spider Roll ($8.00) which was great, but again I've had better. For the non-sushi people out there; Spider Rolls are fried blue crab, avacado, lettuce and tobiko with sweet sauce. I've had different it made different ways, but the tobiko really set off the Spider Rolls. Also, another thing to note for first time sushi go-ers is a roll usually consists of 6 pieces of sushi. The quality of the sushi was a lot better than Blue C Sushi or another conveyor belt sushi joint. J stuck to his guns and ordered the Kalbi Short Ribs ($7.50), which are Korean short ribs marinated in soy sauce, garlic...and a bunch of other ingredients to make it probably my favorite BBQ food....Anywho, J had this at my house, so he decided it was safe enough to have at O'shan! One thing to to note with their "Small Plate" items...it does not come with rice, so you may want to order a side of rice.

Atmosphere was fun and casual....oh yeah...they also serve Budweiser products...much to J's delight. We'd definitely go back and maybe I can convince him to try some sushi...I mean in my opinion, you're missing out on life without raw fish :)

J&C Rate this: 4 1/2 out of 5... Can't wait to go back!

Check out their full menu at: http://www.oshansushi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment