Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Veraci PIzza



Address: 500 NW Market St.

Our first pizza joint on the list! After a long Seafair Saturday, we had built up quite an appetite and were excited to chow down on some pizza. J said there's a ton of pizza places in Ballard, but he'd never been to this one.

The restaurant is very casual. It's seat yourself and you go up to the counter and pay when you order. Slices at Veraci Pizza are HUGE, each slice is about a fourth of a pizza. I had one slice and was stuffed. We started out with the Salati Fresca ($3.50 sm/6.50 lg) and was really impressed with it! I would say it's a split between a regular house salad and chopped salad. The vinaigrette dressing was amazing...I could've just had the salad and been satisfied. It's a by the slice place and once you pick out your slice, they reheat it in their wood-fired oven. J had two slices, the Three Cheese Pizza ($4) and the Amante di Carne (4.75) which is topped with pepperoni, sausage, black olives, red onions and parmeasan. I had the Classic Pepperoni ($4). I was a little disappointed with my pizza, I think they left my slice in a little too long and it was very burnt on the bottom...kinda ruined it. I've had wood-fired Neapolitan style pizza before, and Veraci's didn't impress me as much as other places like Tuttabella's. Maybe it was just the fact that my pizza was burnt, however J wasn't too impressed with his slices either...

There's also some dessert at Veraci's, but we were too stuffed to have some. Next time I'll definitely check out their Gelatos... We both decided this was an average pizza place. Nothing too special, but it definitely filled us up...and we didn't have to wait long at all.

J&C rate this: 3 out of 5

Check out their full menu at : http://www.veracipizza.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment